7/26/2004

just an other day?

well, It was just an other day!
the routine..the alarm optimistically set at 5.30am, and as usual, me getting up at 7am. Crossing the over-head bridge and reaching the lab at 8.30am. Setup some experiments, Lunch around 12+, Coffee around 4, dinner around 9, back home by 11, TV till 1pm, and slee....snore...

Well it just an other day, isn't it?

How stupid and useless must I be to tell myself this before going to sleep.

Everyday is new, every experience is new, every second is different, then how can it be the same day?
This was the question, I had to answer...

I started..5.30 I look out, Its not raining...It was raining yesterday..First change observed. I got ready, drank the Milo...well it tastes better today..
crossed the over-head bridge..as I was walking towards the lab, I heard a sound..stopped to look around, saw a beautiful white parakeet perched on the tree...the same tree that I have passed by for the last one year..how did I never see this Parakeet...changes, differences...hmmm, what has happened today...
reached the lab...Sathish is wearing a new Jean, Zhong Ni has got a new bag, Aji has bought a new pair of sports shoes..and They recognize that I am wearing new clothes...hmm...differences..I realize that my experimental setup is better today, the design and protocols look effiecient..
Even my thought process seems organized..
The lunch tastes better, the environment seems good..
everything seems just nice...I am more genial in approach, not allowing any stress to get me worked up..
what is the difference..?
I have stopped to observe..enjoy the nuances..I have stopped to appreciate the better things around me...
After a long time, I have again stopped to acknowledge what life has given me..

I feel happy..
I feel content...
I feel satisfied....
Well its not just another day, after all

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very Picturesque Indeed...I like it!

Best Regards,
Rashmi :0)

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home